Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Journal of the Artist- Motivators.

· Many a times, people keep asking, since how long I am painting. My first painting was of a Ganesha, where I had taken the outline from a magazine and painted it up. I got good reviews from family and friends. -That was when I was in school, maybe 7th standard.

· When I showed one of my landscapes to one the senior Lecturer Mr.Ramesh from Karnataka Chitrakala Parishat, he said, "Prasad, you do not need my help, you just need practice".

· When Mr. Krishna Rajendra Kumar-Senior lecturer of KCP, did introduce me to Dr.Kamalakshmi, he said that Prasad is the only student in the whole of this class who create the painting spontaneously.

· When another day when I visited KCP after many years, Mr.Krisha Rajendra Kumar remembers my paintings and introduced Mr.Sutradhar -Head and Reader of Sculpture, he said the same, that I create the painting spontaneously.

· When government people were kind enough to sponsor my exhibitions, just by seeing my paintings.

· When Gallery Owners themselves being artists, sponsored my solo shows for more than a month.

· When Newspaper people did find time to look at my paintings and were kind enough to publish my paintings on a Front page of their newspaper. (South India’s highest circulated newspaper).

· When I read my own poems, which I might have written 20 years ago, I did create a painting based on the contents of the poem.

· When people started buying prints of various sizes of my paintings.

· When I keep reading the life's of other Great Artists, their struggles, their achievements.

· When I keep looking back, I want to create something for my family, which is unique and which would maybe live on after my time is up.

· When I keep getting newsletters from other artists around the world about art and artists.

No comments: